Brake info

To: "Tiger" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Brake info
From: "Curt" <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:01:08 -0500
Thanks for all the ideas people have supplied. It's like having my own little
mechanic's resource group. Probably won't get to the car again until Saturday
but will then check out the rear cylinders (recently replaced by the PO
according to him) and the related brake springs and rear hose. I do have the
drums off now and once they were off the adjuster was easy to adjust the pads
in so it is not bound up at all (although it was jammed when the pads were
jammed out). Didn't get a chance to check out whether the springs and such
were on correctly. With all the brakes I have done I can't imagine putting
them on wrong. I didn't even think you could, but given the input I will
check. We did pop a rear cylinder when my buddy stepped on the brakes after I
had removed the drums so I will have to do some work there anyway.

More to follow in a few days.

Curt Hoffman