Performer RPM vs Victor Jr.

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Performer RPM vs Victor Jr.
From: "Bud Bohrer" <lcbohrer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 21:31:27 -0800
A caveat to any who want to try the newer Edelbrock manifolds IF you run a
Holly 4150 with the center pivot float bowls.  You may have interference
between the carb and the firewall.  I tried a Torker II 302 on my highly
modified engine.  I loved it on the dyno, but got interference with the
firewall when I put in in the car.  A call to Edelbrock elicited the info,
reluctantly, that they had move the carb boss back about 1/2 inch.  That's
about what my measurements indicated.  They wouldn't explain, but I and my
engine builder hypothesize, they were trying to center the carb primaries over
the intake ports to equalize the flow path and improve emissions.  I acquired
an original Torker 289, I had one years ago, and now use it.

If anyone wants a Torker II 302, gasket matched, ceramic coated silver with a
thermal coating on the underside to reduce heat transfer to the carb, for use
with a 4150/4160 without the center pivot floatbowls let me know.

Bud