Re: (no subject)

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: Jim Sencindiver <jd.sencindiver@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:05:18 -0500
The "What will she do?" followed by "Prove it!" is very strong in most
teenage guys.  I remember doing a few VERY stupid things with the
family car when I was 16:  Burying the speedometer needle late one
evening with a couple of buddies.  The car was a 1965 Pontiac Catalina
w/389 and Rochester 4bbl, popsitraction, and heavy duty suspension,
but was fitted with SNOW TIRES at the time.  Speedo was the top
"slice" of the dashboard and read 0 -120, but to bury the needle, you
needed to hit over 130.  Well, it did it, and then some, but we
started getting some vibrations and I quickly backed off and took it
real easy on the way home.  The next day I checked the tires and the
tread on the rears (snow tires, remember) had started to delaminate.
Knowing what I do now about speed rated tires, I consider that I used
up most of my luck that night.

Keep on Tigering!

Jim Sencindiver

B382100451/TAC 448