Stupid Teen Moment,etc

To: Tiger Group <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stupid Teen Moment,etc
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:33:39 -0500
I think I can safely say that I can't think of  a speed related stupid
moment I had while a teen, but I think it had more to do with fear than
smarts. My dad gave me a Mustang when I was 17, and I was always afraid
it would get yanked from me if did something like that. I also started
autocrossing with a friend and his dad shortly after that.

As for Datsun 510's, I owned one, and liked it, but I learned two
important lessons with that car: I prefer fuel injection and electronic
ignition, and when the manufacturers say only tighten new oil filters
hand tight, they really mean only if you're The Hulk, everyone else
should use an oil filter wrench.

As for Corvair's, I had several chances to drive two of them when I was
a teen, a '61 Monza and a '65 Monza, and thought both of them were
pretty entertaining  rides, and the '65 was a real looker.