RE: Stupid Teen Moment,etc

To: "'Rande Bellman'" <rande@thecia.net>,
Subject: RE: Stupid Teen Moment,etc
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 19:49:45 -0500
I, too, cannot really remember doing anything too stupid in cars as a
teen.  Of course, I could make a case that driving my Mom's '61
Fairlaine, and later the '64 Falcon, at highway speeds was somewhat
foolhardy.
This was, after all, well after their date of manufacture.  Both of
these were significantly underpowered, with not an 8 in sight.

It was after college when I finally had the bucks to buy something I
could get into trouble in.  First the Fiat 124 Spyder, then the V-6
German Capri, then the Tiger ...  By then I was sensible enough to keep
the silly thoughts in my mind and not let too many get to my right foot.
I think folks who buy kids overpowered cars can be asking for trouble,
unless the kid is really mature and disciplined.  A friend got a GTO
Judge ('70?) from his Dad while he was still in college.  He survived
the Judge and a long Army career, and today is a doctor in TN.

Of course, just this past Thanksgiving, I did change my brother in law's
opinion about little British sports cars, by taking him for his first
Tiger ride.  Blasted through first and second gear on my street.  Don't
know how fast I got it up to, but it's a narrow street, and that was the
first time I noticed it get narrower.....

Stu