Mustang Mag.(part two-EFI)

To: Beamclub <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mustang Mag.(part two-EFI)
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 20:07:24 -0800 (PST)
 I know Ive gone out on a limb and will have to read
thru old issues that convert a later model EFI 302 or
5.0 as it is most often refered to and send more proof
of the ease of installation- of course a Tang has much
more room in the engine compartment than do our
beloved Tigers- to me that is the largest hurdle. I
know that the Mustang people have figured out an easy
installation, made all the necessary parts available
or told the readers what they need from a donor car to
complete the job. I have always done all my own work
on every car Ive owned, except for balancing wheels or
rebuilding carbs, OK, I havent tried my hand at
painting yet but I do own almost all the tools.
Fellows it isnt as hard as we think, Mustang Mag has
convinced me I can have EFI in my Tiger. Im not sure
what I need besides the engine, some of the wiring
from my donor car and its computer but everything else
is and has already been figured out by Tang
enthuasists and almost everything they do applies to
our group, which of course is much smaller but much
faster and lots more fun than riding a Pony- after
all, how could a horse ever compare to a Tiger. I will
look for a few articles on installing EFI in a
restomod Mustang in my very large pile of mags. I dont
know how much more power EFI produces but I know a
roller rocker engine produces more HP than an older
289 or 302 and if it makes my car run faster, get
better gas milage and doesnt cost thousnads of
dollars, I want it.Stroked engines and nitrous not
included.
 NOW, Ive read several times(here) that an 89 or newer
engine is needed when converting to a 5.0. Of course I
have 2 wrecked 88 Mark 7s w/ 5.0 HO engines. I drove
one for a couple of years, I loved that old car and it
had tons of power, I can only imangine what a bigger
cam and some head work would do AND in time, I will
find out. Now if my lottery tickets only come thru
tomorrow night. SOMEONE please tell me why an 89
engine as opposed to an 88. And to all a good night.
TonytheTiger and one day Im going to write down all my
vin numbers, eventho I only have one running Tiger, I
do have a large collection and since Im very poor
presently, stay tunned to ebay as my lesser cars are
going to be looking for a new home and yes, rust is
present. My last purchase is now in two pieces as it
had rusted completely in half BUT only a few items had
been robbed. I found ground straps I didnt have an
idea existed.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250