Re: Door Closing Tech Tip, Window Cranking Question, and it

To: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Door Closing Tech Tip, Window Cranking Question, and it
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:36:53 -0800
Steve:
Smitty usually recommends taking everything apart, removing the window
winders and cleaning them, then immersing them in a mix of grease and
gear oil that's been heated till it's runny.  When the winder is pulled
out and the grease congeals, wipe off the excess.  This'll usually last
for a while.
Could be something as simple as the window tracks needing adjustment,
but when the lube goes out of the window winder, the gear teeth get worn
and with no lube it just generally gets harder to work the
mechanism--hence the 'disassemble and dip in melted grease' routine.

Best Regards
David Sosna