RE: Subject: FW: Carroll Shelby

To: "'Doug Leithauser'" <dleit@worldnet.att.net>, jim.sylvester@comcast.net
Subject: RE: Subject: FW: Carroll Shelby
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:14:42 -0400
Just to add some fuel to the fire:
Here is a clip from A Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2005 Press Release:

"A vintage Shelby G.T.500 fastback set a world record at last year's
Scottsdale auction with a total sale price of $280,000, making it one of
the most expensive Ford Mustang-based Shelbys in the world. With high
demand and low quantities for existing Shelbys, prices have soared over
the past four years.

"Genuine Shelby vehicles have reached astounding popularity over the
last couple of years," added Steve Davis, Senior Executive Vice
President in charge of the consignment process of the Barrett-Jackson
Auction Company. "Carroll reinvented the performance world with his
Cobras and Mustangs in the 1960's. Our team has worked hard to assemble
what may be the best selection of collectible Shelbys ever offered at no
reserve as we're auctioning a representative of almost every Shelby ever
built."

Looks like the Tiger isn't on the radar screen of Shelby's "reinvention
of the performance world.........in the 1960's"

Dave