RE: Timing cover

To: "'Curt'" <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Timing cover
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:53:11 -0500
Curt
        I believe the timing cover you are looking for is C4AZ-6019-A.
I think a number of the Mustang parts stores are carrying that part now, but
I know that California Mustang; Falcon Parts catalog lists a timing cover
specifically for 63 - 66 260/289 with cast in timing pointer.
www.cal-falcon.com

        The cast iron pump arrangement should work with the generator.  The
bracket bolts to the cylinder head.   The adjustment bar might need to be
bent some to fit.   The only problem I can think of with this arrangement is
whether or not the fan pulley hub can be pressed to the correct position on
the water pump to line up the fan pulley with the crank pulley.  There maybe
some thickness differences between these parts.

        Changing to an alternator is not that hard to do.   I did a very
nice conversions a couple of years ago and wrote an article.   The hardest
part for me was designing and welding up the alternator bracket after I
figured out how to simplify the wiring.   If you would like a copy of that
article let me know and I will e-mail one to you.

Ron Fraser