Re: seat restoration

To: geowiz.sgy@cox.net
Subject: Re: seat restoration
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:33:54 EST
I did a Pro-Prep interior on my car last year, and the kit I bought from
them included the cardboard.  Whatever Martha does, there are about twenty
micro-bends/scores on each seat to allow for the proper shape and fitment.
These
move diagnally from each side to about eight inches in on the bottom  in a fan
pattern as I remember.  I don't think it would go together right  without
some pre-shaping, so if you get substitute material make sure to shape  it
first.
Another thing to watch out for is the failure to put glue down on the foams
on the bottom where the seat seams are.  I wrote about this before, and got
3-5 e-mails from others that had failed to do this and had floating center
cushions on the bottom portions of the seats.  Lastly, make sure to  dismantle
the seats.  I know of two Alpine owners that had upholstery shops  recover
their
seats, and without dismantling they will not go together as  stock.

Good luck and great fun.

Bob Nersesian
B382000975