This just in...

To: Tiger Group <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: This just in...
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:42:15 -0500
No sooner than I put the urban myth statement out to this group about
the bruiser in the engine bay and his hammer, I got an email from Bill
Carroll (yes, the very same) confirming that Thrupp & Maberly did indeed
use said bruiser when they were responsible for modifiing early Tigers.
He said that Rootes, and later Chrysler, engineer Royden Axe confirmed
this fact to him. Specifically, the hammer was applied to the
bulkhead(firewall), according to the account in Bill's book, Tiger, An
Exceptional Motorcar.

I'm very glad to stand corrected. Thanks, Bill.

Rande