Re: Lotus

To: Rick Hannigan <rick@cinebyte.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lotus
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:02:10 -0800 (PST)
I've long been a fan of the orignal Lotus Elan. Good ones are not
exactly cheap and cheap ones can end up costing a fortune to repair.
That's why my daily driver is a Miata. I'd recommend getting a good
used Miata (my '91 was $3k a couple years ago) and spending some money
on suspension, chassis and performance upgrades in that order. I'll
soon be putting in a turbo or supercharger and for a total of ~$10k -
$12k, I'll have a highly reliable, great handling, modern, comfortable
2400 lb sports car with >200rwhp and charisma much like the vintage
sportscars.

Stephen Waybright