Re: OBD II

To: stubrennan@comcast.net, PhastPhill@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OBD II
From: itswonderful@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:51:47 +0000
You might also consider DIY.  Depending on what vehicle you are looking to scan
there is free software on the net available and shematics for the hook ups are
pretty easy to come by.  By coincidence I just got out of the lab where I was
finishing the detials on my adaptor for my GM C3 ECM ALDL interface.  I'm using
WinALDL which is a free and nicely done window application.  I'm going to run
this on my laptop.  The adaptor is simple and cheap and cost me about $20 to
build.  I could have built it for ~$5 but i wanted the fancy version and added
a couple of bells and whisles of my own design.

Frank
B9471116