RE: OBD II

To: <PhastPhill@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OBD II
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:46:15 -0500
Phil
        I have an Equus (Innova 3100) purchased about 3 years ago, it works
well for the most part but I have worked on a couple of vehicles that it
would not communicate with the computer.    I think that was because it
needs 12v from the OBD II port to work but I have not tracked that down yet.

        A friend of mine has an Auto X-Ray unit and it always works, plus
the company has always given him excellent service.   I have no experience
with the Actron, I would suggest you talk to someone who has used one.
Personally I would put the extra money into the Auto X-Ray unit if I were to
purchase one today.

        Please note that these units are good for extracting base fault code
out of the computer.   Today there are several processor in cars and you
need special equipment to access them through the OBD II port.  I think Auto
X-Ray is addressing this issue but I have no experience with their latest
products.

Ron Fraser