Re: Fog and Driving Lights

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>, <RMEbstein@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Fog and Driving Lights
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:32:51 -0600
Rodney, et al:

I have an original pair of Lucas SLR 576 driving lights on my Mk1A.  Not
only are they period correct, I think they really look neat on the car; they
make it look "very British."

I've had the lights for years but didn't mount them until I was able to
track down a mounting kit specifically for a Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger.  The
mounts are made from very thick chromed steel and they are slotted to fit
over the bumper bolts.  The mounting kit also came with longer bumper bolts
and spacers, so that when the lights are mounted properly, the bracket is
squeezed between the bolt head and the spacer, allowing the light to stand
up rigidly above the bumper.  By using the correct mounts, you will not have
to drill a hole in, or clamp onto, anything.  The brackets snake up between
the bumper and the front valance of the car and allow the lights to stand up
high enough to not have to do any body modification whatsoever.  That was a
big deal with me; I swore I'd not drill holes in anything to mount those
lights!  Depending upon how big of a hurry you are in to mount the lights,
you might be able to turn up a set of brackets.  True enough, the brackets
are hard to find but they're out there.

I've attached a pic of what my car looks like with them mounted and
illuminated (as a matter of fact, this pic is what I have set as my desktop
on my computer).  Just in case this pic doesn't show up on the list, just
e-mail me and I'll send it to anybody who'd like to see it.  Hope this
helps, Rodney.

Take care,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
P1010005a.jpg]