RE: nothing wrong with clones if not misrepresented

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: nothing wrong with clones if not misrepresented
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 06:37:09 -0700 (PDT)
There is nothing wrong with cloning so long as the car is not
misrepresentaed as being original. If you want a Hemi Cuda convertible,
one of the few originals can run into the MILLIONS, so you better be
rich, or content with a clone... even then you need some big green.

Imagine if Shelby decided to take a dozen Alpines and build "Shelby
Tigers" out of them, much as has been done with the recent GT500E.
Technically, they would be more authentic Shelbys than any real Sunbeam
Tiger, and likely fetch more money... would those "fake Tigers" help or
hurt Tiger values?.