RE: nothing wrong with clones if not misrepresented

To: "'Stephen Waybright'" <gswaybright@yahoo.com>, <PhastPhill@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: nothing wrong with clones if not misrepresented
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:10:17 -0600
Hi all,
Three or four times, I've picked up the phone on Monday morning, dialled
Rick's number, and picked up the parts I needed from the post office on
Friday night. Considering I live in Canada, that's a great testament to the
efficiency of both Rick and his group at Sunbeam Specialties as well as the
postal service, but it would be moot if the parts weren't available to begin
with.

The replacement parts that Rick and the other Sunbeam suppliers have sourced
and made available are generally better quality than the NOS offerings and
not only make our cars work, they make them better and safer than when they
were new. There will always be a demand for genuine, in-the-Rootes-box NOS
parts, but for the rest of us, the reproductions are what we really need,
and it's great that they are so readily available, and that people are
willing to step up to the plate and make the parts and tooling.

Best regards,
Theo