Re: The Greens want YOU to take the train!

To: jd.sencindiver@gmail.com, SLaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: The Greens want YOU to take the train!
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:30:13 EDT
Way back in time, about 1968, I used to drive my Tiger from
Ft Belvoir, VA to downtown DC during the rush hour.  I was
a LT in the US Army ($272/month) and was working a part
time job (6PM to 10PM) trying to earn $ to support racing my
Tiger.  The trip into DC was interesting.  I would just get to
my parking spot with the Tiger overheating and puked green
fluid.  I saw the other side of 260 degrees a lot.  Never seem to hurt the
car.  The trip back at night in the cool night air
along the Potomac parkway with the top down was incredibly
pleasant.

No trains were available.  I could have taken the shuttle bus to
the Pentagon and the public bus into DC but ut would have
taken hours.  The greens forget that not everyone lives near
a train station.

I read that the high speed train in the New York has been
replaced because the brake rotors are cracking.  The Can
firm doesn't have enough rotors on hand.  Interesting the
high speed train cost us taxpayers multimillions.  The
old trains that are being used until the new ones have
brakes, are making the same trip on the same tracks
in only 10 minutes longer.  Millions to save 10 minutes
for a commuter high speed train.  Our tax money hard
at work.