Re: The Greens want YOU to take the train!

To: DJoh797014@aol.com, jd.sencindiver@gmail.com, SLaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: The Greens want YOU to take the train!
From: Robert Melusky <tigerknut66@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:40:40 -0700 (PDT)
Dave, The Acela Express has been a C-F from day one. The idiot that speced out
a "leaner" so the train could take turns at high speeds on the existing tracks
neglected to calculate that the lean would cause the train to contact a train
on the next track! The "fix" was to slow it down, hence little time difference.
 I love the trains in Europe because you can work, use a phone all without
getting strip searched. With all the security, short hop flights don't save all
that much time. The days of pulling up at the airport 10 minutes before the
flight are gone but you can still do that with a train.

 I was lucky to have the opportunity to take the Shanghai Maglev that topped
out at 431 Kph. That is cookin'!   The Maglev is more like a carnival ride
because is goes from the airport to no man's land about halfway to Shanghai,
but well worth the detour to take it.

Bob Melusky

. The
old trains that are being used until the new ones have
brakes, are making the same trip on the same tracks
in only 10 minutes longer. Millions to save 10 minutes
for a commuter high speed train. Our tax money hard
at work.