Re: bumpers

To: david hall <dhhall@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: bumpers
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:34:16 -0700
David,

Have used Astrochrome for a long time.  Remember you want "show quality"
plating.  I do not fully understand how your bumpers are even installed
in a towing.  They are not suitable for transmitting towing/stopping
loads.  The frame horn bolts MIGHT be suitable for attaching a
structural tow bar, but need to have a horizontal member to prevent
forces from trying to push these horns in (tow) or out (brake).  A pivot
"A" frame with cross member and tow ball receptacle might work well.  It
should also pivot vertically at the cross piece.  I have one for the VW
based system for 20 years, and it works fine. I use a flat bed for the
Tiger for emergency towing.

I am sure there are lots of good systems used by the Tiger List folk.

Steve

--
___
Steve Laifman