Re:T-5 Transmission

To: Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:T-5 Transmission
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:06:27 EDT
Hi Tim and Listers,

Again, I'm sure this material has been covered at length before, but I'm a
relative "newbie" to the List.

I know you have a potent 349 in your Tiger and I was wondering what you use
for a transmission. If you use a T-5Z, then how's it holding up?

The 347 crate engines available out there generally put out about 400  ft/lbs
of torque and the T-5Z tranny is only rated for 330 ft/lbs. Is the T-5Z
underrated?

How are people's T5's holding up out there, even with the 320/325 and
340/345 HP Ford crate engines?

Also, I'm speculating that the tunnel in the Tiger would have to be  modified
a lot for the Tremec TKO transmissions. It fit with no mods in my  Vette, but
it's an extremely tight fit.

Rodney
TAC #613