Re: BATTERY DRAINING

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, <Caseyh4312@aol.com>
Subject: Re: BATTERY DRAINING
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 21:03:41 -0700
Joey,
  I'm just making a joke here, but most Tiger of the wiring harness IS a
fusable link (LOL). There are actually no fusable links in the Tiger.
Fusable links are similar in function to fuses, but not contained in a glass
or plastic housing. Often they carry a lage amount of current and are
wrapped in a fiberglass like sheath (probably for when they fry). The
purpose of the fusible link is to burn up before the wiring harness does.
  What you should do is charge the battery and DON'T connect it to the car
for a few days. If the battery goes dead/low by itself then there is no need
to chase all over the car looking for a problem that doesn't exist. If the
battery stays charged then use a volt meter at points in the wiring to see
what is drawing the power. Be careful that items that draw power (a radio
with memory, clock etc). aren't connected or they may throw you off.
Tom Witt