Re: Wiring Harnesses

To: dablue@lightbound.com, Drmoonstone@aol.com, alpines@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Wiring Harnesses
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 22:03:20 -0400
I have talked to a couple people with Alpines who have bought EZ Wiring
harnesses and thought they were good but they haven't installed them and
none of them were experts on the subject, so who knows what all that means.
Also company websites often aren't very helpful for a layman and when I talk
to the wiring people alot of their lingo goes over my head and my eyes glaze
over....wire for a car is wire for a car to me.

I can get a Painless harness for $265 locally and through the internet one
of the others for $120-$140 bringing them in at half the cost. If the prices
were nearly identical or close I would probably go with the "name brand" but
since they are not close it makes the decision tougher and I can easily blow
the money somewhere else on my car....on the other hand compared to the
overall cost of bringing my car back to life the $265 is cheap and if the
good stuff is that much better than the cheap stuff...

I guess I better start flipping my coin...heads its painless...tails the
cheaper guys...if it lands on the edge then the British Wiring guys get the
call.

Paul