tonneau cover question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: tonneau cover question
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 18:13:00 EDT
Tires are on order, next prob to address is the shrunken soft top. I have a
new Robbins top now and am getting organized to have it installed just  after
the tires. So far so good. I would like to have a tonneau cover as well. I  do
like to use the car for everyday errends and find a tonneau handy when you
leave the car at the grocery store parking lot. Or pop into the pub for a beer.
 Now the problem, the last owner never had one, and never left the cars side
I  guess because the soft top did not fit and he never had the hardtop on. Car
has  a new dash and dash pad, etc.....very nice looking.....NO TONNEAU STUDS
ON THE  DASH. Now what the heck do I do, take all the dash and dash pad and
stuff apart  again?. There appears to be looking from underneath, some kind of
black  finishing cardboard held in with small rivits. Would removing this stuff
show  the the location of the old holes? They have to be some bloody where.
Or I have  read of using the back screw holes of the demistor vents as a
location for screw  in studs???
   Also want to thank Nick Kintner for his time. Before I left  Fla with the
car I shot two rolls of film of underneath detail stuff. Nick the  shots came
out great. First time I took the right engine mount off I knew just  what was
where, no worries. Now this lack of studs in the dash looks alot more  of a
pain......any ideas  anyone....?thanks.....cheers.....phil