Tonneau cover

To: Tiger Group <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Tonneau cover
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 22:50:18 -0400
First, get a tonneau cover, and see where the forward 'lift-the-dots '
are for that style. As someone else mentioned, some models can use the
location of the defroster bezel screws for mounting studs.

Don't remove the aluminum and cardboard trim pieces that hold down the
padded dash from inside. Sometimes, the cardboard part is brittle and
can break. Also, I believe the cowl where the padded dash mounts to has
a second layer of metal that the tonneau studs don't reach, and for that
reason you may not see the holes for the studs even if you do remove the
cardboard.

And remember, when the tonneau is installed, if it's like my car, it has
to stretch over the folded top and bows, as well as the vinyl top boot
on a Series V, Mk 1A and Mk II. So please make sure to allow for that if
you have to drill new holes in the padded dash for the mounting studs.
Maybe the new top should be fitted before you install the hardware for
the tonneau.