RE: heat at speed

To: <DJoh797014@aol.com>, <kathy.coiner@gte.net>, <rcsphx@qwest.net>,
Subject: RE: heat at speed
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 21:24:09 -0700
Dave, Listers,

When Dale restored my Tiger I had him install functional Cobra style vents.
I also have a replica LAT hood and chin spoiler. The faster I drive, the
cooler it runs. This is contrary to the way it was before the modes. I can't
say what each mod contributed, but in general, providing escape routes for
air out of the engine compartment is a good thing. Also, contrary to Dr.
Moonstone, you can't have too much air flow, or too much water flow; you
just reach a point of saturation where more doesn't help any more. (Sorry
Sean.) :-)

Bob