Re: Tires

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "Pointers" <gpointer@telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 00:07:20 -0500
It's a dying breed, 205/60-13. My thought was to go with a big name, implying
higher volume such that they might be around awhile should a replacement be
needed. However, those I most considered just a couple of years ago have all
since discontinued the size: BF Goodrich (Dec/03), Bridgestone, Uniroyal,
Dunlop. Local dealer recommends Falken ZE-502. Look good, price good, received
best buy award from Cons Rpt a few years ago:
http://www.falkentire.com/tires_502.htm. Falken is a high perf tire subsid of
Sumitomo. Other choices, in addition to what you list below, are: Performance
(Pep Boys) and Cooper Cobra.

Threads ignite from time to time with folks considering rim/tire choices. Most
capitulate and go to 14". I'll never give up my Compomotive rims.  My Dunlops
are great, though lacking tread. None of the vibration issues that plague
listers (or in your case, hopping). However, they're dated, and per an email
several months ago that's not so good, so I'm shopping. Anyone else been
through the 205/60-13 process recently...please add info.

Re: Turn-in. I run 205's up front with no issue.

Gary.

P.S. (Wonder if anyone is running Uniroyal Tiger Paws on their Tiger? Tacky -
Y/N?)

PhastPhill@aol.com wrote

>I have checked the front end out and lots of new parts and looks good. Put
>in the 2 new u-joints in the lower steering column, and that helped. Still
some
> "hopping" like vibrations in the front end at 70. So this am, took all the
>wheels and tires to  the tire shop. Old euro TA's on new Pansport rims,
>205/60/13. When I took them off noticed striaghtaway huge amounts or
>wieghts....3.....4 oz type stuff.....ugh. Spun the tires.....they are trash.
So  new tires