Tires

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 09:35:17 EDT
I have checked the front end out and lots of new parts and looks good. Put
in the 2 new u-joints in the lower steering column, and that helped. Still some
 "hopping" like vibrations in the front end at 70. So this am, took all the
wheels and tires to  the tire shop. Old euro TA's on new Pansport rims,
205/60/13. When I took them off noticed striaghtaway huge amounts or
wieghts....3.....4 oz type stuff.....ugh. Spun the tires.....they are trash. So
 new tires
are needed to cruze in comfort.I want to stick with the 13's so only  about 3
tires that look like they work....Sumitomo HTR 200....Kumho Victo  ....and
Toyo Proxes RA1. Am leaning toward the Toyo's. Someone mentioned using  185 on
the front for better turn in, but then could not switch tires around  front to
back. If I do switch around tires would have to demount them anyway as  the
rears are 7 in and the fronts 6in. What do ya  reckon..?.....cheers....phil