Re: Chrysler

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chrysler
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 06:45:38 -0700 (PDT)
I was an engineering intern with Chrysler in '82, the first year they
revived the program after the famous Govt loan bailout. I drove my dads
old hand-me-down Pinto, that I of course had heavily "personalized".
See circa '83 photo w/ Chrysler Engineering front plate @
http://people.txucom.net/gswaybright/images/cars/PINTO.JPG (NOTE: I now
have a lot less hair and a bit more girth than back then)

I don't recall any parking restrictions back then at Highland Park, but
I did find my car door "keyed" with "F#$% you" scratched into the paint
one day after work, so the union guys must have been applying their own
car segregation policies. Sure would like to have known who that SOB
was.

Stephen

> Did anyone see that note in the news today about Indiala Chrysler
> plants now enforcing auto segregation in their parking lots?  D-C
> products up close to the entrance, and all brand x cars at the
> furthest
> end of the lots.
>
> Anybody on here work for them?  Wouldn't it be fun to park a Sunbeam
> among the Benzes and K-cars and see the reactions....

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html