Next Best Thing to a Spoiler

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Next Best Thing to a Spoiler
From: <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:25:40 -0400
I have a period British plate mounted under the bumper in the stock  plate
location and my car never has had a cooling problem.  The cooling system is
stock.  Probably the British plate acts like a spoiler and thats why the
Rootes engineers thought the cooling system worked.

                                Jeff

One thing MOST modern cars have is a chin spoiler, creating a low
pressure area behind the spoiler right at the bottom of the engine
bay.  This would tend to suck out a lot of the hot air that has passed
through the radiator.  It also tends to inhibit the recirculation
issue while stopped.

Keep on Tigering!

Jim Sencindiver