Fw: water pump Mkll

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fw: water pump Mkll
From: wpitrman <wpitrman@peoplepc.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 08:14:49 -0400 (EDT)
-----Forwarded Message-----
From: wpitrman <wpitrman@peoplepc.com>
Sent: May 11, 2005 8:07 AM
To: tigeres@autox.team.net
Subject: water pump Mkll

Lots of cooling info today, thanks, but more ?  What is the best product to
disolve rust in the cooling system?  The radiator doesn't appear to be plugged.
 I purchased a water pump some time ago, but the pulley strikes the housing.
It has a casting # C80E-D, and is just over 5" pulley hub face to pump housing
plate.  I modified a Ford pulley stamping #ElDE-8509-AA (it's just under 5"
dia.), & a 6 blade Ford fan stamping #CF-C9DE-A on the blades.  The Rootes
manual lists 2 pumps a 5.15" for the 260, and a 5.43" for the 289.  Is there
anything wrong with shimming the pulley out .028" to use my pump?  The last ?-
I enameled my radiator yesterday before reading about the radiator paint.
Should I try to remove the paint while it's fresh?  I have the stock shroud,
plan to block areas under radiator and by horns, fabricate an air dam, and
replace the 160 thermo. with a 180 degree unit in an effort to cool.  Any
advice is appreciated.  Thanks, Wes.

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com