Re: Fan Question

To: pirouette@charter.net
Subject: Re: Fan Question
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:48:40 -0700
C. Pirouette,

I sincerely doubt that air flow around the engine block is any
significant contributor to cooling.  However, getting the hot air that
was transferred from the engine to the air through the radiator flowing
easily out into the external air is the idea.

My RED TOI (See "My LIfe With Cars",
http://www.tigersunited.com/articles/sl-mc/SteveLaifman.asp ) has the
radiator at an extreme laid back position, with the Fiero stock radiator
and electric fan, at the front.  The heat generating engine block of the
V-6 is almost completely surrounded by body work and hot exhaust pipes,
yet runs cool.

Steve

--
___