Re: Hurst shifter problems

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hurst shifter problems
From: Fhsloth3@cs.com
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:05:54 EDT
Those of you who have installed a Hurst shifter in their tiger may be able to
help with my problem.

I installed a shifter in my Tiger after I had the shifter unit rebuilt by
Hurst. I used the aligning pin and made sure the trans was in neutral.
Everything
went togeth well.

My problem is that I have a hard time getting the shifter out of reverse. It
goes into reverse fine, as well as the forward gears. I almost have to hit the
shifter with a rubber mallet to get it out of reverse. I'm afraid it will
leave me stranded some day, without the mallet.

Fred Baum
9470768