Non-Tiger Battery Question

To: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non-Tiger Battery Question
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:27:23 -0700
Hello Sunbeamers:
A little non-Tiger advice would be appreciated:

The alternator on our lesser vehicle, a Chevy Blazer, is apparently
toast. My tester shows it's putting out some voltage (10.5 volts) but
nowhere what's needed, if that's even an accurate reading. The Chevy
dealer that will replace it (under warranty), is about 35 miles away. I
recharged the battery to 100% last night and it still holds a full
charge this afternoon.

Will the Blazer likely make it the 35 miles on that battery (with the
AC, lights and radio not being used), or do I need to have the car towed?

Thanks!
Steve Sage