Re: Trademark of Sunbeam

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trademark of Sunbeam
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 19:14:55 EDT
This is forwarded from the Hillman list...

They've been talking about these cars on the Alpine forum.

The "Tiger" is a rebadged Josse Indigo 3000, a Swedish Volvo-powered sports
car.

 Click here: Jvsse Car    http://www.jossecar.com/

I'd guess the SUV is a rebadge too. Looks more like
something from the third world than the UK!

The thing I'm wondering about though, assuming it's
not a hoax, is whether these people actually have
permission to use the Sunbeam brand names. Even though
Peugeot seems to have no interest in reviving old
Rootes brands, I'll bet they would expect a lot of
cash before they'd sell them.

And then there's Renault which also has a claim to the
name "Alpine".

Russ