RE: Non-Tiger Battery Question

To: "'Steve Sage'" <fastsage@cox.net>, "'Tigers'"
Subject: RE: Non-Tiger Battery Question
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 19:31:11 -0400
Steve
        If your alternator is putting out 10.5v with at least some amperage;
you could probably drive it forever as long as you did not shut it off.
You would then need a jump start to get going again.

        There is a threshold voltage, below which electronics in the vehicle
stop working, around 9v I believe.   You should have no trouble with 35
miles even with the AC and radio on from just the fully charged battery
voltage.    You can always hook up a volt meter so you can see the voltage
in the system while you drive.

Ron Fraser]