Re: A nice little drive...

To: stubrennan@comcast.net
Subject: Re: A nice little drive...
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:36:17 -0700
Reference:  http://www.bmwusa.com/nurburgring  View Nurburgring lap
video
<javascript:void(window.open('http://www.bmwtransact.com/microsite/Nurburgring/index.html','Nurburgring','toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=0,width=360,height=450'));>

But Stu, I do try this at home.

This was almost as good as my Sony Playstation2 GT4 ($49.95) with
Logitech Pro Force Feedback steering wheel,  pedals, and stick shift
($150), German competition seat/steering/and pedal support assembly
($400), (each player) on the Nurburgring Circuit (amongst many others).
Sure, it sounds pretty expensive - and I grit my teeth when I told the
pretty one, but we have 5 grand kids and 4 son/daughter and spouses.

And they are all better than I am.  Lots of courses and cars available,
and the course is always fast, even if it's raining outside.

One even did the Nurburgring in  a stock '56 VW split window (with all
of 42 hp).  You could hear the grass grow over the put-put.

In this case I get to drive, and the competition are not all in a Prius,
like the BMW commercial (and yes, you can choose them too).

I am pretty good. My son, Jay, is better, and his son Eric beats us both
when we use TWO steering wheels and pedals and play a 2 person option.

Best thing is, I can pause the hot action and take a needed break for
lunch, or nature. :-)

Highly recommend this on a big screen TV, parked close up. And the
fenders don't dent, so it really saves money, in the long run! ;-)

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com