RE: Tom Prager's Checklist

To: "'Tiger List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tom Prager's Checklist
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 07:46:08 -0700 (PDT)
I'll echo Dave's comment about checking the rear suspension as well.
The rear suspension can have a profound and extremely unnerving affect
if it's the cause of sudden yaw. I once drove an Acura NSX (with
intentional rear toe-in per factory spec), on slicks in the slightly
wet... any time one rear tire hit a dry spot the rear of the car would
jump to the opposite side as that tire overwhelmed the traction of the
other rear tire to keep things in a straight line. It was very scary,
even after someone told me what was going on.

Stephen Waybright