Re: Tiger on eBay

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger on eBay
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:54:39 -0700
>>>"We were told our Tiger had $35,000 restoration."<<< from Ebay ad.

  Although the car looks nice (and thus, obviously has had items replaced) I
don't see much in the way of discription regarding the specifics of a
restoration other than wiring fixes that doesn't seem to indicate the
harness was even replaced, new volt meter and speedo & tach rebuilt. There
is an effort to be honest, but some degree of vagueness I can't put a finger
on:
  "We were told our Tiger had $35,000 restoration," "ordinal (spelling error
original to ad) miles are unkown", "The engine appears to belong to the car
" There is a "tear" in the top, (implied) it can be put (hidden) under the
cover so as not to show. Why no engine pictures??? The dash panel isn't
original (B9470311 should be vinyl).
 It is probably a decent car, but I think the (Buy It Now) price is a little
too spectacular for a car that doesn't show support for a $35,000
restoration and is lacking a degree of originality both of which would be
helpful to the seller regarding price.
   Then again MAYBE this is the new going rate for Tigers in this condition.
In the late 60's people walked away from $12,000 homes in my neighborhood
because the Rebar-less slabs (builder fraud) cracked and shifted the
foundation. Recently, one of these homes, four houses away  from mine sold
for $785,000!!! So, you never know.  Just my layman observations and
opinions.
Tom Witt

P.S. I'm not trying to open a can of worms (nor start a new thread), but are
the rivets original? I'm  not sceptical of them, in fact, they look like the
ones on B9470101 which where indicated to be original in my TAC inspection.
They are not the small hole rivets as so often is deemed the correct rivet
for Tigers. I'm just trying to get a handle on what rivets are correct to
what cars. TW