RE: Brake Flare Tool

To: wittsend@jps.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake Flare Tool
From: "Travis Hall" <tigerboy65@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:26:24 -0400
I've used the Snap-On product for years and have created all new lines for
many vehicles. I don't believe it is the best tool on the market, but it's
the one I still use.  A novice will need practice to make leak free fittings
consistently.

A friend brought over an expensive unit from England. It locks in the vise,
you clamp a line in it, pull one lever and you're done. It's brainless and
makes a perfect double every time.  I tried looking it up on line with
little success. I think I figured it was a Sykes-Pickovant (not sure on the
spelling). Seems like it was about $500.

Another friend spoke to his local Napa, who had a different design than the
Snap-on. He advised him that it was what most of the shops were using now. I
don't know anything about this one. I've never seen or used it, but it's
priced closer to the Snap-on and worth researching before purchase.

Just my thoughts,

Travis