Re: Front brake caliper replacement

To: Ron Fraser <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Subject: Re: Front brake caliper replacement
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:18:23 -0700
Ron,

Everything you say is quite accurate.  There is one additional thing
worth considering.
The pistons of the stock caliper are electroplated, and my coating was
in questionable
state from peeling, corrosion, or whatever.

I purchased new caliper pistons, seals, and semi metallic pads from
Sunbeam Specialties.
Rick has these specially produced with stainless steel pistons.  Last
forever. Work fine.

In any event, one should take care with the square cross section "O" ring!

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com