RE: Gas smell, manual

To: "'Jeffrey Holt'" <dadaruso@sbcglobal.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gas smell, manual
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:36:07 -0400
Jeff
        There are numerous rubber connections in the fuel system.
4 rubber sleeve on the cross over tube
The rubber fill neck
The vent tube across the top rail between the 2 tanks
There is a gasket under the sender unit and a gasket on the filler cap

Any one of these can cause a problem.

        The gas cap is vented so the system should not be pressurized.  The
gas cap needs to be tight so fuel does not spill past it and onto your
paint.   One problem I had was the spring in the gas cap became weak and did
not seal well.

www.tigersunited.com  has an online manual also.

Ron Fraser