Re: Dragging Booster

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dragging Booster
From: Randy Smith <RSSmithIQ@cs.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:59:44 -0400
I just had my Servo rebuilt by Tiger Tom in PA.  He is one of the guys
on the short list of folks with extensive knowledge about all things
Tiger.  He told me that it is quite common for a rebuilt Servo to stick
if the seal on the large piston not properly "worked in" during the
rebuild process.  He said it can even occasionally happen to an
experienced rebuilder.  The best fix is to pull it apart and  rework the
seal. However, he did say that often they can be fixed by sitting facing
downhill on a moderate grade and pumping the brakes (soft, medium, hard)
and allowing them to release after each pump.  Hopefully, the piston
will work in and out and the brakes will begin to release after each
pump.  If they release properly each time allowing the car to roll, then
they are good to go.  If not, take them apart again.  Granted, the
problem could be something else too.

-Randy

--

Randy Smith