Sqeakless In Seattle (Problem Solved!!)

To: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sqeakless In Seattle (Problem Solved!!)
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:47:51 -0700
Well, not Seattle, but here in Arizona my Tiger is finally squeakless
and squealess again.

Thanks again for the incredible number of ideas and suggestions about
the screeching, squealing noises I got from around the water pump pulley
area when I had my A/C running and goosed the gas pedal as all Tiger
owners are required to do, by law, repeatedly during any drive.

I replaced both V belts last night, as suggested by several of you, and
finally took the Tiger out for a drive just now. The noise is
completely, totally gone!

You can tell the difference between the old and new belts. The new belts
are definitely softer and more flexible. The old belts, by comparison,
have shiny side surfaces, and the cloth like material at their lower
side surfaces is worn off. I think the old belts were a year or so old.

I'd imagine that when the squealing was going on, even if not
perceptible or barely so, the A/C compressor was probably not spinning
as fast as it should. I had thought that vent temps. weren't as cool
lately. It's going to be over 100 for sure tomorrow, so I'll be taking
it out for a spin in the heat to see the difference.

Steve Sage