RE: LAT 25 Hood scoop

To: "'heinz mihm'" <hmihm@wi.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: LAT 25 Hood scoop
From: "MSN" <w_pierzga@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:59:38 -0400
.... Just wondering if anyone know what the correct placement of the LAT 25
hood scoop is on the hood?   Specifically I was wondering what the dimension
is from the rear edge of the hood to the rear edge of the scoop.

I believe the distance was based on Ira Tutwillerger's shoe size. Ira was
the shop floor manager at the time the scoop was introduced.

.... I was also wondering if the scoops were fastened with pop rivots or
were they glued on?

I was advised that they used paper clips and duct tape covered with tree
sap, which hardens quite nicely when exposed to typical Tiger engine bay
temperatures.

Cheers

Wayne