Re: engine gunk

To: pirouette@charter.net, Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine gunk
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:55:30 -0700
Chris,

Radiator Flush used to be a canned product for this job.  Nowadays
radiator shops have a "back flush" method of pulsing water backwards
through the entire system, and dislodging debris and deposits.  It is a
large machine, not a garden hose fitting.  See GOOD radiator shop.   Do
NOT "rod" the radiator.  In fine tube radiators, the cleaning probe
dislodges debris, but can pack the tube with de-scaled crud, and it will
not flow anymore.

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com