RE: Temperature Sender

To: "'Jim & Carolyn Burruss'" <cburruss@hiwaay.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Temperature Sender
From: "MSN" <w_pierzga@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:49:35 -0400
Jim:

I concur with your assessment and the performance of your solution. I have a
MKII, which I converted to a 4bbl that necessitated removing the original
carb water spacer and rerouting the heater plumbing. In my case I used
standard brass plumbing. I installed a brass plumbing Tee into the manifold.
Into the top of the Tee I installed the temp sender and the other outlet of
the Tee feeds the hose connected to the heater core.

These parts are assembled as you noted - with Teflon tape and Teflon "goop"
and carefully torqued. I have not seen a drip or experienced any problems
since it was installed. I don't have nearly the time or miles on my restored
MKII as you do but do not anticipate any problems.

Cheers,

Wayne