DIP STICK again, and a few other things

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: DIP STICK again, and a few other things
From: paul <prmnes@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:13:25 -0400
Hi,
Have had my Tiger for almost two weeks.  heard all the talk on the list
about dip sticks, with and without caps.  Mine does not have one.  I put
about 200 miles on the car, faithfully checking the oil.  Put about a
half quart in to top it off once.  The oil was very dark so today I
changed it. (Everyone knows what I'm going to say.)  I put in the 5
quarts the manual calls for but only TWO quarts came out, including what
I cold drain out of the filter.  After this I "calibrated" the dip
stick.  I cut the third, odd, piece and bent it facing down so it hooks
over the top of the tube.  This way it can not go too far down into the
tube and I now know I have the correct amount of oil.  The list is what
caused me to check the dip stick after the oil change.  Thanks.

Next - I loosened the center of the steering wheel adjustment too much
and can't get it screwed back on.  Not a big problem but I'm 6'3" @ 250
and like the wheel about an inch closer to give my right knee a bit more
room.  Don't have a clue how to get it back on.  The on-line workshop
manual says to pry off but I don't want to break anything.

And finally - My tach is reading almost twice what it should, and the
speedo shows 100-110 when I'm going 60-65.

Everything is stock, 260, single set of points.

Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Paul
Methuen, MA