RE: Gas tank sealer

To: "'Robert Melusky'" <tigerknut66@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Gas tank sealer
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:58:20 -0400
Bob
        Sorry to read about your problem with tank sealer.     Unfortunately
many of the tank sealers were not compatible with ethanol when they first
came on the market.    The tank sealer from  Eastwood now states that it
"resists all types of fuel additives even alcohol".

        You now have a tedious job of removing all the junk tank sealer from
the entire fuel system, tank, lines, and filters to restore fuel flow
volume.    I would take a sample of the sealer out of the tank and see is
lacquer thinner, acetone or some solvent will dissolve that stuff and make
your clean up job a little easier.

I have tank sealer in the tanks of my Tiger and it is still in good
condition after 20 years but I only use gasoline in them.

Ron Fraser