Re: Miles Prototype

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miles Prototype
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:45:06 -0700
   Theo makes a good point. These significant Tigers also had a "secondary"
history. Not the one that made them famous, but the story of their survival.
Today it's probably easy to look at a prototype etc. and see the
significants it has.  However, during the "disposable years" of the 60's,
70's and possibly the 80's they were likely not very desirable.  I mean in
the 70's who would want an (unofficial) Tiger with an engine hanging way out
front and a 2 speed automatic?  There were too many real Tigers to be had.
  Books have been written on the Tiger. Many have sections noting the
significants of certain cars. I don't recall though a simple difinitive list
of ALL the promenent Tigers. If one exsists could I be directed to it. If
not can I inspire someone with more knowledge than I to create it (for the
benefit of the whole Tiger community)?  Also, if anyone knows the
"secondary" history of how some of these significant Tigers survived I would
think that many (not just myself) would love to hear the stories.
  I saw the Miles prototype in its pre-restored condition when, while
vacationing, I happen upon Tigers United (Eureka) 1997. Seeing what I saw I
can't help but think there is another story other than the one about it
being the first Tiger.
Tom Witt